The highlights of the second and third day of GreenTech (14 – 16 June) at RAI Amsterdam, are ‘Feeding and greening the city’, ‘Sustainable horticulture’, ‘Lighting strategies’ and ‘Hydroponics’.
The highlights are presented below:
- Wednesday 15 June 15.30 – 16.15 hrs: ‘Fossil free growing – opportunities and challenges for growers’ with Edgar Kampers (BBBLS), Rob Baan (Koppert Cress), Ivan Hristanov (Deputy Minister Bulgaria).
- Thursday 16 June 10.45 – 11.30 hrs ‘Feeding and greening the city‘ by Henry Gordon Smith (GreenTech), Audrey Timm (AIPH), Leah Vanwoerkom (80 Acres), Martine Sourbag (Gemeente Amsterdam).
- Wednesday 15 June 12.30 – 13.15 hrs: ‘Sustainable packaging, the importance of an integrated approach’ by Else Boutkan (Greenport West Holland), Matthijs Plas (Modiform), Stef de Jong (Decorum), Elise Wieringa (Royal Lemkes).
- Wednesday 15 June 14.45 – 15.30 hrs: ‘Customized Lighting Strategies: Optimizing plant quality and energy use’ with Peter Klapwijk (2Harvest), Johan Lindqvist (Heliospectra), Andrew Fuller (Bridge Farm Group), Willem Kesteloo (PAR+ by PHYSEE).
- Thursday 16 June 11.45 – 12.30: ‘How to invest in lettuce Hydroponics‘ by Vincent Jalink (NL Research), Maurice van der Knaap (Dry Hydroponics), Tim van Hissenhoven (Cultivators), Marco de Bruin (Equilibrium), Nick Caney (Bright Farms).
- Thursday 16 June 12.30 – 13.15 hrs: ‘How to make horticulture more sustainable‘ with Kelly Ruigrok (National Sustainability Institute, Global Sustainable Enterprise System), Freerk Visser (Hoogendoorn Growth Management), Peter Maes (Koppert Biological Systems), Adri Pols (Boal Group).
An overview of the programme of GreenTech Amsterdam can be found here.
GreenTech receives a lot of support from the industry. Check out the long list of companies here who will be exhibiting at the show. We also welcome our thought leaders namely PRIVA, BASF vegetable seeds business, Rijk Zwaan, Plant Empowerment, Fluence by OSRAM, Kubo Greenhouse Projects, Ridder, Samsung Semiconductor, Schur Star Systems/ Ishida.
Registration for GreenTech Amsterdam
Visitors can register on www.greentech.nl. Visitors pay a registration fee of €99.99 including VAT per person.
GreenTech Amsterdam is held till Thursday 16 June 2022. The exhibition is a global meeting place for all horticultural technology professionals with the focus on the early stages of the horticultural chain and the current issues growers face. GreenTech is supported by AVAG, the industry association for the greenhouse technology sector in the Netherlands.