An exciting career opportunity has arisen for a skilled Gardener to work in the gardens of a historic property in Galway.
Situated less than 5 kilometres from Gort, the Private Estate consists of large formal gardens, ponds, forestry and 2 and a half acres of walled garden including glasshouses, potting sheds, an Orchard and a small kitchen garden with polytunnels.
- To manage the day-to-day, year-round maintenance of the gardens, working alongside our existing gardener. You will be working closely with our long-standing team of three
- To manage the continuing development of the gardens by working closely with the owners
- To supply the kitchen with regular produce and production of cut flowers. This includes propagation, vegetable and flower production and greenhouse management
- To maintain records for the garden, machinery and health and safety
- To practice sustainable gardening methods
- A commitment to wildlife-friendly and sustainable garden practices is essential
- A recognised horticultural qualification and at least 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Excellent plant knowledge and gardening skills
- In-depth plant and vegetable knowledge
- You must be physically fit, hard-working and have the desire to achieve high standards at all time
- Good communication skills, attention to detail, a keen eye for design and a flexible approach to non-gardening duties on occasion
The salary and package for this full-time position (5 days per week Mon – Fri) is dependent on experience and qualifications and would suit a person with ambition and drive.