Uniplumo have an opportunity for an Accounts Manager
About the Candidate
We are looking for a dynamic Accounts Manager who will challenge the status quo and look to bring Supermarket Horticulture to the next level. Educated to Degree level or with a minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role the ideal candidate will be a highly personable individual with strong Emotional Intelligence capabilities. Relationship and product management from sourcing through launch are key activities in this role as is the ability to understand individual customer placement in the market. An influential individual with an underlying passion for Horticulture, an inherent drive to challenge the status quo, an engaging positive and proactive can-do approach, and an ability to scan the market, identify and embrace opportunities are all critical elements to be successful in this role. The ideal candidate must have excellent Plant knowledge.
You will be proficient in MS office suite and have a lot of freedom to fine-tune Trade Plans and bring new products to commercial reality. Uniplumo is a really interesting company who have had a long-standing relationship with a number of multiple retailers, and independent Garden Centre clients. As such, we are looking for someone with good experience of working with same/similar clients, ideally with a Horticulture or Fresh Food background.
An excellent command of English language, you will exceed customer’s expectation by delivering contemporary and innovative ideas. You will have excellent communication and presentation skills with strong problem-solving and analytical skills with a proven track record of working well under seasonal pressure deadlines.
Ideally, you will have experience in managing accounts of a major Supermarket retailer and be dynamic and flexible to the needs of the business.
About the Role
The Account Manager Supermarkets (AMS) will take the lead on the overall development and seasonal management of Uniplumo Trade Plans across all Supermarket clients. Sales & Purchasing of indoor and outdoor plants is central to this role, as is the requirement for strong plant and plant specification compliance, process, and a helicopter view of the wider Horticultural Industry at home and abroad in order to deliver a market leading range supported by market leading trends and innovation.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the AMS will manage and develop all Supermarket multiple accounts.
A proven ability in the management of a same or similar FMCG role with a proven track record on delivery of profitable growth, in a fast-paced multi-stakeholder sales function is desirable.
- Build client specific retail Trade Plans, evaluate and propose pricing and commercial terms and conditions.
- Analyse and manage commercial risk
- Plan the negotiation strategy;
- Organise the Sales event calendar and participate in the negotiations.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders i.e. Commercial, Finance, Production, New Product Development and Operations.
- Identify and report key issues to Commercial Manager.
- Sense check and propose draft and final versions of main body, annexes and related documents for all Trade Plans
- Coordinate the internal sign-off process and closing of contracts in accordance with the authorization levels set.
- Notify relevant stakeholders of the contract signing, volume agreements.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail before submitting your CV please contact Tom on 01 8401888.
Closing Date: 6th April 2018
Go to HorticultureJobs to apply for this position.