A skilled Head Gardener is required for a large private garden in South County Dublin.
Situated by the sea, the informal terraced garden consists of mixed borders, lawns, a small kitchen garden, glasshouse, woodland and a large pond.
- To manage and motivate the existing team of 1 full time and 2 part-time staff.
- To manage the day-to-day, year-round maintenance of the garden.
- To manage the continuing development of the garden working closely with the owners and the garden consultant.
- To supply the kitchen with regular produce from the kitchen garden.
- To maintain two adjoining gardens.
- To maintain records for garden, machinery and health and safety.
- To manage the garden budget.
- To liaise regularly with the house manager with regard to staffing, overall garden planning and management.
- To practice sustainable gardening methods.
- A recognised horticultural qualification and at least 5 years experience in a similar supervisory role. Excellent plant knowledge and gardening skills.
- Physical fitness as this is a hands-on role.
- Good communication skills, attention to detail, a keen eye for design and a flexible approach to non-gardening duties on occasion
- Generous salary for the right applicant.
Go to HorticultureJobs to apply for this position.