Teagasc and the National Rural Network in collaboration with local development companies delivering the LEADER programme are hosting a one day conference entitled Towards 2020 – Building a Vibrant Rural Economy.
In the context of emerging policies, speakers at this conference will explore the development of a vibrant rural economy through considerating the issues around agricultural development, economic development and the LEADER approach.
Speakers at this event will include:-
- Dr. Maria Hinfelaar, President of Limerick Institute of Technology
- Professor Gerry Boyle, Director of Teagasc
- Dr. Cathal O’Donoghue, Head of Rural Economy and Development Programme
- Dr. Edgar Morgenroth, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI)
Topics will include:
- The contribution of agriculture to the broader rural economy
- Trail development and its contribution to a vibrant local economy
- The economic impact of Econ Musees
- How to exploit the competitive advantages of the Irish beef and dairy sectors
- Regulators and how they can help make rural enterprise happen
- Opportunities for the rural economy in meeting environmental requirements