Not talking about anything too controversial this week so here’s a run-down of the best bits on HortiTrends this week.
Our new Machinery News section is now live and you will be able to check out the latest news in that sector. Also you can find out more about the Nilfisk Egholm company who are the http://hortitrends.com/machinery news section sponsor and offer a wide variety of horticulture and landscape related http://hortitrends.com/machinery.
We have also improved the Latest News Section of the site where you will find out interesting one- liners such as ‘Kelly Nurseries to Host Practical Workshops at the Nursery Stock Conference 2012’. It will be updated daily so tune in regularly and if you have any company news then send it in.
2012 The Year of the “E” – By John Stanley is a must read for anyone involved in retail and that includes nurseries as they need to act, think and deliver their products just like the end retailers deliver to their customers.
GLAS returns to Citywest with a business-oriented one-day event on 19 July 2012. Its always good to press the flesh but if you want a Virtual Trade-show during the 366 days of 2012 then advertising to the over 100,000 visits and 700,000 article/advert views, not to mention all of our activity on ‘Social Media 4 Business’ is a must, so check out our rates and opportunities here.
Going, going, gone! Horticulture Students from ITB Currently Available for Work Placements and Rachel Freeman is asking horticulture businesses who want focused, practical and business orientated students to get in touch asap as demand outstripped supply in 2011.
Pat Fitzgerald will be excitedly waiting to see if his Carex is nominated for a ColourYourLife award at IPM Essen 2012 today, although he has already shared success as he has the exclusive production rights licence for ‘Nandina Obsessed’ which has already won best plant category award. They produce it as young plants exclusively for European Market and Japanese Market .
Congratulations also goes to Greenmount horticulture college who are celebrating 100 years of horticulture education.
More congratulations go to Jane Powers on her recent appointment as a gardening and lifestyle correspondent to the Sunday Times. The downside is that the publication of her new book will be delayed due to the increased workload. The upside is that her many fans during her time at the Irish Times will now be able to get their weekly top-up of gardening related news and more.
Horkans have had a coup with the news that one of the siblings is to present a weekly gardening feature on TV3’s IrelandAM. This venture will fit in nicely with the companies move into the Dublin market and nationwide. It also presents a good product placement & promotion opportunity for horticulture suppliers.
Get your name down for next years Solufeeds Ireland/UK study tour.A chance to catch up with other trade professionals and find out what’s going on in the UK market. For those of you who couldn’t make it, you have the comfort that all the latest UK news and trends are at your finger clicks here on HortiTrends.
- This Weeks NEW Jobs in Horticulture Ireland
- NEW Tenders for Horticulture in Ireland
- Weekly Gardening Programme on TV3 with Paraic Horkan Starting February 2nd
- The Community Foundation for Ireland
- Jane Power on Her Recent Sunday Times Appointment
- Consumer Confidence in Private Labels at all Time High
- O’Neill Kick Starts 100 Year Celebrations at Greenmount
- Calls For The Abolition Of Agricultural Wages Board
- 2012 The Year of the “E” – By John Stanley
- Solufeed & Deker Horticultural Supplies Host Irish Fruit Growers Study Tour
- Financial Results for Spanish Horticulture Drop
- Nilfisk-Egholm Launches New range of Snow Clearance Machines in Ireland
- Reform of Water Sector Must Not Add To Costs For Rural Ireland – IFA
- Construction Contractor Guilty For False Advertising
- Horticulture Students from ITB Currently Available for Work Placements
- Green Public Spaces Needed To Make ‘Cities Work’
- The Horticultural Trades Association – New Directory of HTA Training and Business Development Events 2012
- UK Grants Offered to Reduce Environmental Impact
- Water Reform in Ireland to Undergo Six-Week Public Consultation
- The Green Awards are Open for Entry!
- GLDA’s 16th International Seminar – Biodiversity & Sustain-Ability : Isn’t that the Question?
- Garden Gift Voucher Sales to Drive Footfall this Spring
- The AgroBiodiversity Ireland – Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture Annual Conference
- 20th EU BC&E Call for Papers – Deadline 30 January 2012
- Plans For Green IFSC Centre Should Proceed
Joseph (Editor at HortiTrends)