Scéim um Chomharthaíocht Dhátheangach/Ghaeilge | Bilingual Signage Scheme
Foras na Gaeilge is offering match-funding to all Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) through the scheme outlined below. To avail of this assistance, simply forward the details of your company on the appropriate form along with the costing quote via post to: Foras na Gaeilge, 7 Cearnóg Mhuirfean, Baile Átha Cliath 2
Bilingual Signage Scheme form Click here
Bilingual/Irish External Signage Scheme – A Quick Guide
Applying it to your business:
- Includes new and replacement signage
- Sample signage includes Shop-Front Signs; Signage on Business Vehicles; External Signs, etc
- Ensure that use of English and Irish are on one single sign (as opposed to two separate signs).
- This is best practice, more cost-effective, and does not require any further planning permission.
- There is no need to translate the business brand name. The aim of this assistance is to enhance your current service/product brand through complementary use of Irish.
- Ensure that all other text of the sign is translated to Irish. This is important in maximizing the effectiveness of bilingualism in making the sign stand out.
- Both text in English and Irish should be the same size. Using different font styles and colours can enhance effectiveness of text.