The National Organic Food Awards will be presented on September 12th in the Bord Bia headquaters. The awards have grown in strength each year and highlight the high quality of organic goods being produced in Ireland.
The National Organic Food Awards will be presented on September 12th in the Bord Bia headquaters. The awards have grown in strength each year and highlight the high quality of organic goods being produced in Ireland. This year there is a slight change in the award categories and they are listed below.
1. Best Organic Confectionery & Baked Goods
2. Best Organic Grocery
3. Best Organic Dairy Product
4. Best Organic Prepared Food Product
5. Best Organic Fruit & Vegetable
6. Best Organic Meat Product
7. Best Organic Seafood Product
8. Best Organic Alcoholic and Non Alcoholic Beverage
There is an overall award for Best Organic Product which will be selected from winners in the above categories
Each award winner will be presented with an award and certificate.
Please note the following key dates if you wish to apply for the awards:
* Tue 23rd Aug – Deadline for Applications
* Tue 30th Aug – Delivery of Product to Bord Bia
* Thur 1st Sept – Judging Day
* Mon 12th Sept – Awards Ceremony (Bord Bia)
To download an application form go to http://www.bordbia.ie/aboutfood/organicfood/NationalOrganicAwards/NationalOrganicAwards2011-ApplicationForm.pdf
For more information on the awards please go to www.bordbia.ie/organicawards2011 or contact Mary Morrissey or Deirdre Shannon in Bord Bia on 01 6685155