This Week on HortiTrends:
Please take the time to do the poll. One click and thats it.
Please take 10 seconds to answer our poll below?
Where are you sourcing most of your horticulture business information and news?
Are print magazines or directories dead or making a comeback?
Is web all its made out to be and the only way to go? Are trade organisations or government development agencies the main source?
Click on the following link to Take the poll and get the results instantly.
Mary Keenan of the Tree council of Ireland responds in an interesting article to a question Are Garden Centres Missing Sales Opportunities During National Tree Week 2012? I happen to agree with her and think that the sector could get a lot more creative and make some money while promoting this very worthwhile cause.
Its also plant fair season at Rentes Plants Spring Fair along with the Growers NI and IHNSA fairs all coming up soon. While we are very much about promoting all of the benefits of selling and marketing on-line there is nothing more useful if your are in the business of plants than meeting the grower’s.
Lots more interesting news and events below. We have changed the format to make it easier to access the information you need to sustain or grow a profitable business.
There are other events that you will find about if you are a member of a relevant trade organisation or are on ‘The List’. If not, tough! Intrigued? We will come back to that subject again.
See quick-links below to all the news articles, jobs and tenders this week.
- This Weeks NEW Jobs in Horticulture Ireland
- NEW Tenders for Horticulture in Ireland
- BecauseWeCare Appointed as Prefered Supplier to GIO Group
- Food & Drink Dynamics
- Mary Keenan – Are Garden Centres Missing Sales Opportunities During National Tree Week 2012
- What is the Financial Imperative for Cutting Carbon in the Value Chain?
- NI Scheme Offers Waste Producers Free Advice on Resource Efficiency
- HRG to Close HomeStore and More
- IOFGA Appoints New General Manager
- Stunning Customer Service From Sainsbury’s Goes Viral On Facebook
- IOFGA Welcomes Ministerial Commitment to the Commerical Horticultural Sector
- Ikebana – the Art of Japanese Flower Arranging
- Immersive Permaculture Design Certificate Course 2012
- National Soil Fertility Week – ‘Getting the Balance Right’
- VertiCrop Processes 10,000 Plants Every 3 Days Using Vertical Hydroponic Farming
- Garden Radio – The SodShow 31st Jan
- Meagre Fruit Yields from Mild Winter
- Glas Ireland 2012
- Irish Orchid Society – Pollinia Celebrates 10th Anniversary
- Nemos Horticulture Nominated for The Irish Times Innovations Awards
- Community Gardening – Greenside Up
- Online Growth Continues to Outstrip Sales on the High Street
- Capacity Building Course for Irish Commonages
- Retrofitting Suburbia – Episode 1
- B&Q Starts the Gardening Season with £12m Investment in Own Brands
- Winners of the FloraHolland Glazen Tulp Award 2012
- One 2 One Forestry Clinics
- Tree Species Maps for European Forests
- NI Traders To Benefit From New Rates Proposals
- Phoenix Park Celebrates 350th Anniversary
- Big Food Firms to Offer Their Expertise
- Rentes Plants Spring Fair
- IPM ESSEN 2012 – Developments and Trends in the Flower and Plant Markets
- New Mushroom Firm Owner Says it has a ‘Bright Future in Sussex’
Joseph (Editor at HortiTrends)