***Our latest poll on Business Confidence Levels in Horticulture officially finishes today (still time to vote) and the results suggest that the High/VeryHigh are leading the way at 38%. Coming in a close 2nd at 35% are those who have a medium outlook for 2012. The Low/Very Low are in a minority at 27%. A poll like this is very unscientific but maybe the new contagion is confidence and long may it spread.
If you are still down on your horticulture luck in Ireland, then as promised the Canada Jobs opportunity is publicised today and will be promoted on the site for the period of time it takes to reach the target numbers for new employees. The company in question Wilco Contractors Southwest Inc are a serious player in the landscape sector in Canada. They already employ a number of Irish including our contact for this jobs opportunity, Kieran Keyes who has been very busy promoting and showing by example the qualities of Irish staff. Landscapers Canada Wants You! There are a range of opportunities for full-time seasonal operatives and skilled landscapers from April to November plus a number of positions will lead to permanent jobs. Don’t delay apply today.
The first IHNSA trolley fair of 2012 has been reported as a great success by the organisers. Buyers were impressed with a wider selection of exhibitors and plants. Preparations are already underway for the 2nd fair in March.
Our stats are up again. Visitor numbers are increasing and they are staying on the site longer, looking at more articles and adverts. Are they looking at yours?
Finally congratulations to Jenny Murphy of ‘Flowers by Moira’ who is going for gold in the Chelsea Florist of the Year show in May and also to Paul Martin who will be competing at the Singapore garden festival. It is heartening to see that despite all the gloom we are still capable of competing in these world class events. We wish them well.
This Weeks News Articles:
- This Weeks NEW Jobs in Horticulture Ireland
- NEW Tenders for Horticulture in Ireland
- If Only Products Could Talk – John Stanley
- Product Review: “BecauseWeCare” by Dee Sewell of Greenside Up
- Work in Canada: Multiple Landscape Positions Available
- National Nursery Stock Conference – Mr. John Adlam Presents Understanding Nutrition
- Apple Grower Kevin McCann set to Speak at FPJ Event
- Join Defra’s Civil Society Advisory Board
- Augustine Henry Forestry Lecture: Seamus O’Brien
- Interflora to Purchase the Gifts Division of Flying Brands
- Tougher Controls on Nuisance Trees and Hedges
- Consultation Framework for Sustainable Development for Ireland
- New Director of Design Council Cabe Announced
- Garden Radio – The SodShow 24th Feb
- Desmond Guinness Scholarship
- Theft of Bee Colonies from Oak Park, Carlow
- Feeling the Pinch 6 – Helen King, Bord Bia
- Get Ready for Spring- Name a Tulip Competition
- Fewer Farmers Growing Potatoes in Kerry
- Wild Flowers Blossom into a €1m Windfall
- Boston Competition Success for Emer O’Daly
- Teagasc Applying to Field Test GM Potatoes as Part of EU Research Study
- IOFGA Standards Training 2012
- Meade Potato Company to Boost the Rooster Worldwide
- Reduced CC Container Pool Fees
- Food and Drinks Sector an Integral Part of Jobs Strategy
- IHNSA Trolley Fairs 2012
- Opportunities for Seed Potato Production
- Jamie Oliver Speaks & Herb Sales Rise!
- Groceries ‘Cheaper’ Now Than in 1862, Grocer Magazine Finds
- Total Produce – Capespan Deal Approved
- 10 Reasons to Go to World Potato Congress
- Health & Safety Authority News on Fatalities in Agriculture
- Better Building Conference
- Bord Bia Marketing Fellowship – Now Recruiting Company Assignments
- LI Event Focuses on Improving Open Space in the Affordable Housing Sector
- More Acquisitions Likely, says William Sinclair, as Company Profits Soar
- Landowners Pave The Way For Major Clare Tourism Project
- Lord Taylor Pays Visit to East Malling Research
- HortiTrends Weekly Comment & News Digest Feb 23rd
Joseph (Editor at HortiTrends)