Glanbia require a Horticulturist in Co. Kilkenny
Glanbia Ireland has 53 Agri branches across Ireland and we are currently looking for an experienced Horticulturist to join our busy Glanbia CountryLife branches in Kilkenny area on a 9 months contract.
We know it’s our people and their passion for delivering superior quality and value to our customers that sets us apart.
If you want a career that’s more than just a job, where you’re empowered to make a difference and share our mission of bringing the passion of our Irish farmers to the world then apply today.
- The Horticulturist reports directly to the Branch Manager and will be responsible for running our busy CountryLife garden centre.
- As a valued member of the team, you will be essential to the success of our branch by providing customers with a first-class experience.
- Show that performance matters by maximising the sales potential of the garden centre and garden products
- Maintain control of all stock to ensure a fresh offering to the customer
- Since first impressions count ensure that all garden centre displays are immaculate and appealing to the customer
- Assist the Manager to maintain high standards in the garden centre and branch
Top Class Customer Service
- Be the customers’ champion by providing top quality, fast, efficient and friendly service at all times
- Build trusting relationships with our customers and provide excellent service and advice
- Keen interest in and understanding of our product range and services
- Find a better way and improve and develop relevant areas across the branch
- Ensure that health & safety requirements are met at all times
- Maintain good housekeeping of all relevant areas
Key Requirements & Skills:
- A Qualification in Horticulture
- Minimum 1-2 years relevant retail Garden Centre experience
- Knowledge and interest in the retail gardening industry
- Ability to multitask and to consistently deliver high standard quality work in a busy environment
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
- A friendly outgoing personality, excellent customer service skills and ambition to deliver beyond customers’ expectation
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent teamwork skills as well as the ability to work on own initiative
- A person with an agricultural or farming background is desirable
- We are looking for a passionate, reliable, flexible and committed individual who is willing to work hard and wants to build a career with Glanbia Ireland.
If this sounds like you, please apply through the My Career portal on the Glanbia Homepage with an up to date resume www.glanbia.com/careers