Head Gardener required for a private estate in Co. Meath
An exciting new opportunity has arisen on a private estate in Co Meath, Ireland for an experienced and enthusiastic Head Gardener to work with a small team managing 30 acres of extensive gardens and pleasure grounds.
- The Head Gardener is responsible for the maintenance of the existing and new gardens and will work alongside architects and consultants in the further development of the landscape, trees and gardens on the estate
- The existing gardens include a hedged kitchen garden, cutting garden, cottage gardens, woodland gardens, laurel lawns and many plant containers providing display throughout the seasons
- There are also recent and extensive plantings of hedgerows and trees requiring ongoing maintenance
- Mature trees surround the estate will also need attention at times
- Suitable candidates will have RHS level 2 or similar horticultural qualification and proven experience of working on a private estate garden, together with good plant and propagation knowledge
- Experience with a range of machinery, including ride on mowers, strimmers, hedge cutters and tractors required
- Qualification and experience in Chainsaw use desirable.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience