The Grounds Maintenance Manager coordinates the resources of the department to ensure that the grounds of client’s premises are attractive, orderly, and healthy. In conjunction with working closely with the Supervisor of department, the Manager must be capable of developing strong relationships with clients, suppliers and staff on the ground.
The following is not an exhaustive list of duties:
- Review and develop work schedules and rosters to maximise the efficiency of the department.
- Carry out scheduled and non-scheduled site visits to ensure high standards are maintained for all contracts, small and large.
- Delegating tasks and providing assistance and guidance to the Supervisor – Previous experience of managing a Supervisor is essential.
- Organise cover and reorganise schedules when employees are absent due to sickness or holidays.
- Using our online TMS to review holiday requests and ensure that the policies of the company are being adhered to.
- Assess new contracts and create quotes based off an assessment ensuring that all costs are covered in the quotation and that an acceptable profit margin is applied.
- Complete reviews of Health & Safety and ensure compliance throughout the department for all staff.
- Review staff hours on a weekly basis in preparation for the weekly pay run in conjunction with our online TMS system.
- Maintain a log of broken machinery and liaise with our suppliers in ensuring that all broken machinery is fixed and returned to the correct van in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the standards of the Company are maintained throughout all sites.
- Ensure a timely stock re-ordering process is in place.
- Strong reporting and communication skills are essential for this role as to keep senior management updated on the progress of the department.
- Take responsibility for making all grounds staff aware of and familiar with the correct use of all equipment, materials and chemicals etc.
- Any other duties commensurate with the post.
- A strong ability to learn quickly and hit the ground running.
- Previous experience in grounds maintenance/landscaping is essential as well as a strong knowledge of plants/flowers and horticulture processes and equipment.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Must hold a full driving licence.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills and financial awareness.
- Attractive salary depending on experience
- Company vehicle an mobile phone provided
- Complete ownership of the department and it’s direction
- Strong management support
To apply for this job, go to our website: Horticulture.Jobs