Enthusiastic and self-motivated Estate Manager required for 400 acre private estate in North Tipperary.
You will be responsible for managing the maintenance and development of the landscape:
- Management of all landscape employees and contractors
- Management of landscape gardens including kitchen garden
- Management of agricultural employees and contractors
- Engaging contractors for specialised maintenance
- The maintenance of machinery and equipment
- Providing input into ongoing and future landscape projects
- Supervision and management of the security team
- Undertaking the role of health & safety coordinator
- The successful applicant will have all round management experience, with qualifications in horticulture or related land use sector.
- The candidate should be comfortable in managing the ongoing development of the landscape and possess a high standard of technical knowledge to carry out all responsibilities competently.
- The applicant must be well organised and capable of using their own initiative, be reliable, honest, trustworthy, dynamic and discreet.
- The applicant should have a strong work ethic and be detail orientated.
- The majority of the work will be landscape based; however, the appointed person will need a flexible approach to the work as there will be a requirement to undertake other tasks from time to time as part of the role.
- Applicants should have excellent interpersonal skills, a friendly disposition and be happy to work as part of a team in a family environment.
- This is a management-based role but requires a high level of non office based activity.
- The applicant shall be required to carry out physical work and be able to demonstrate an appropriate level of fitness and willingness to join in.
The salary and package for this full time position (5 days a week Monday to Friday) is dependent on experience and qualifications and would suit a person with ambition and drive.
To apply for this job please go to Horticulture.Jobs