IPM ESSEN welcomes around 1,600 exhibitors from 50 countries in 2018 The international world of horticulture will meet up at Messe Essen from 23 to 26 January. Whether for commercial growers, florists, landscape gardeners or owners of garden centres – the world’s leading trade fair offers all decision-makers along the horticultural value creation chain a comprehensive range of products and services, as well as a top-class programme of fringe events. The partner country in 2018 is Denmark. HRH Princess Benedikte of Denmark will be amongst guests opening the exhibition.
Plants form the largest part of IPM ESSEN, accounting for around 60% of exhibits. From foliage plants and flowering house plants, bedding and border plants through flowering shrubs and Mediterranean herbs to fruit bushes and vegetables, as well as tree nurseries of all kinds, industry visitors will find the whole range of on-trend plant offerings. IPM ESSEN is the platform for introducing the latest innovations to the professionals and bringing them onto the market. The innovations display in Green City, Hall 1A, gives an outstanding overview of hot topics in the forthcoming gardening season. Ingenious “storytelling” for herbaceous plants and shrubs is demonstrated at the Show Your Colours Award in Hall 10.
Digitisation in horticulture
Once the choice of variety has been decided, of particular interest to growers will be a glimpse into technical innovation. In the whole of Hall 3, and parts of the Galeria and Hall 7, visitors will find machinery, greenhouses, soils, fertilisers and everything which helps in efficient plant growing and onward processing. One major topic here will be increasing digitisation, as seen in the exhibition in the horticulture Infocenter. Digital developments in horticulture in the areas of monitoring, stand-alone machine technology, training and business management are on display. The horticulture Infocenter will also again form the presentation platform for the professional horticultural associations. Institutions focusing on consultancy, science, and research will provide information and advice.
A paradise for florists
For florists, IPM ESSEN presents a comprehensive range of opportunities at the heart of the exhibition site, taking up the whole of Halls 6 to 8: around 200 exhibitors present planters, pottery, basketware, candles and decorative items for attractive floristry. Sales-promoting products such as greetings cards are also on display. Must-see events in the world of floristry are the daily Floristry Shows in Green City, Hall 1A, showcases for current consumer trends providing inspiration for contemporary floral designs. The Fachverband Deutscher Floristen (Professional Association of German Florists – FDF) is available to talk to every day. Many other new ideas for florists can be discovered at BLOOM’s and in the g&v Creative Center. Almost real shop situations are showcased.
Strong sales concepts for garden centres and the horticultural retail sector
In Hall 13, retailers will discover many new ideas for POS design. Visitors can here walk through a unique world of experiences on the topic of the “Family Garden”, which presents futuristic and fashion-conscious sales concepts to decision-makers in horticultural retail. Exciting lectures in the Speakers’ Corner also provide new retail ideas.
Partner country Denmark: royal visit to Messe Essen
Under the slogan “Let’s go green – together!”, partner country Denmark is at the heart of the World’s Leading Horticulture Exhibition. For the ceremonial opening on the first day of the Trade Fair, Her Royal Highness Princess Benedikte of Denmark and the Danish Ambassador Friis Arne Petersen are expected. Germany’s Minister of Agriculture Christian Schmidt is also expected to visit the Trade Fair.
Excellent fringe events support IPM ESSEN 2018
IPM ESSEN offers industry visitors a comprehensive programme of events made up of congresses, information events, and discussion forums. A summary of the highlights:
Tuesday 23 January 2018:
- 10 to 11.30 a.m.: Opening of IPM ESSEN 2018 with the award of prizes for innovative showcases and the INDEGA IPM Innovation Award.
- 2 p.m.: Live stage show in FDF World: The Grand Opening: Fleuramour 2018
- 4 p.m.: Live stage show in FDF World: Flower Battles for the next generation of florists
Wednesday 24 January 2018:
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. “Training day”
- 10 a.m – 1.30 p.m.: Future congress Landscaping prospects
- 10.30 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Lecture event by the “Green City” foundation
- 11 a.m.: Live stage show in FDF World: Two faces: The World Cup Show with world champion florists Alex Choi and Stein Are Hansen
- 1 p.m.: Live stage show in FDF World: Flower Battles for the next generation of florists
- 3 p.m.: Live stage show in FDF World: Floral Fundamentals Family Show, FDF-World
Thursday 25 January 2018
- 10.30 a.m. – 12 noon: Careers and Future Forum:
- 11 a.m.: Live stage show in FDF World: Floral Fundamentals Family Show
- 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.: International Horticulture Forum 2017 (sic)
- 2 p.m.: Live stage show in FDF World: Two faces: The World Cup Show with world champion florists Alex Choi and Stein Are Hansen
- 3.30 p.m.: Show your Colours Award ceremony
Friday 26 January 2018
- 12 noon: Presentation to winner of the IPM competition FDF World
- 12.30 p.m.: Live stage show in FDF World: Two faces: The World Cup Show with world champion florists Alex Choi and Stein Are Hansen
IPM ESSEN online
Detailed information on fringe events and all aspects of visiting the Trade Fair are available online at www.ipm-essen.de. Tickets are also available via the website in the online shop. Anyone who wishes to be kept up-to-date during IPM ESSEN can download the free Messe-App from the Google Play store or Apple App Store.