Could you be the world’s best grower? Why not find out by entering the AIPH International Grower of the Year Awards (IGOTY) 2019.
Growers of ornamentals worldwide have until midnight (GMT) on Monday 13 August 2018 to enter these awards that celebrate the world’s best in ornamentals production.
Known as the Oscars for plants, the event is sponsored by Headline Partner, Royal Flora Holland, and takes place at the IPM fairground on Tuesday 22 January 2019 in Essen, Germany, alongside IPM Essen 2019.
Winning the cut flowers category for 2018 was traditional family business JUB Holland (Jac. Uittenbogaard & Zonen) from the Netherlands. JUB Holland have been nurserymen since 1910, today they are still growing and exporting quality flower bulbs to more than 30 countries.
2017 saw Flores El Capiro S.A. from Colombia take the Cut flowers Gold award. Flores El Capiro is one of the largest chrysanthemum growers and container exporters in Colombia and indeed the world. On winning the award, Carlos Manuel Uribe, Managing Director of Flores El Capiro, said: “It’s a very emotional ceremony and this prize is for our workers! At this award you are surrounded by the biggest and best in the world, so you should be there.”
Growers are reminded that its free to enter, with a simple online application process.
The categories are:
- FINISHED PLANTS AND TREES – Plants and trees ready for final sale.
- YOUNG PLANTS – Cuttings, plugs, liners, seedlings, etc, sold for growing on.
- CUT FLOWERS AND BULBS – Flowers and foliage cut for indoor decorative use and bulbs.
- SUSTAINABILITY AWARD – Best practice and innovation in improving sustainability.
- INSPIRING BUSINESS AWARD – Small businesses (less than ten employees) that demonstrate unique qualities and innovation.
Entry forms must be submitted by Monday 13 August 2018 – visit www.aiph.org/groweroftheyear