COMPLETE ONLINE APPLICATION:
First, log on to EPOS online portal at www.epos.djei.ie. You can begin to compile an application at any time as it can be saved online. (Please note the online application will only be saved for 28 days.) However, you can only complete and submit the application 14 days after the vacancy has been advertised on EURES.
Step 1 Select “Help me choose Employment Permit Application Form” button;
Step 2 Select “I am an Employer” button;
Step 3 Select “Apply for an Employment Permit as a Standard Employer” button. (Alternatively, you can choose the “Apply for Trusted Partner Registration” if you intend making a number of future applications);
Step 4 Select “Apply for New Employment Permit” button;
Step 5 Begin completing the application.
The key information you will need to hand to complete the application includes:
● Your employer number and company name registered number, business name number if trading under a different name to the company name, etc;
● Number of EEA and/or Swiss Nationals (including Irish), and a number of non-EEA nationals currently in your employment.
Name, date of birth, sex, nationality, current address, phone number, email address and PPS number (if you already have one), GNIB/IRB number if resident in the State;
● Passport number and expiry date. (Passport must be valid for at least 12 months for a new employment permit and three months for a renewal employment permit.)
Details of Employment
● Title of job, detailed duties and responsibilities of the role, location of employment, etc;
● Proposed period of employment and proposed start date
Total annual salary amount, hourly and weekly rates of pay, etc.
Note: These permits must have a salary of at least €22,000 based on a 39 hour week and an hourly rate of €10.85.
Paying for Permit
First Application Fee: €1,000 up to 24 months and €500 for six months or less. The cost of the permit must be paid for by the applicant, further information at www.dbei.gov.ie. More information can also be accessed by calling their helpline at 1890 201 616.
Amongst Other Information Required
● Copy of employee’s passport clearly showing picture, details, date and signature;
● A passport type photo of the employee;
● Copy of employee’s relevant qualifications, English translations to be provided;
● A copy of P30 returned to Revenue in the last three months or a receipt of return issued through ROS or P30 SEPA monthly direct debit payments within the last three months;
● Copy of contract of employment signed by employer and employee;
● Provide the Department of Social Protection Employment Services/EURES Employment Network reference number of the advertisement for the job;
● A copy of the advertisement for the job in a national newspaper for each of the three days;
● A copy of the advertisement for the job in a local newspaper for each of the three days (if the paper published weekly only one advertisement is required) or a copy of the ad on a jobs website (separate to Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection/EURES website) for three days;
● An application must include a copy of a declaration (signed by the employer) stating that the employer will ensure the foreign national concerned have access to suitable accommodation and training (including language training).